Recent Posts

Friday, March 11, 2011

Tsunami warning

I first heard of the Japanese earthquake an hour after it happened last night.
I sat captured and spellbound the rest of the evening  in awe and sadness.
The images of how that powerful mud/debris looking water completely crushed cars, houses, people...airport, LIVE! I cant get them out of my head.
For me Tsunamis are the most scary thing that can happen and I often have nightmares of them. Another one tonight! I dream usually of San Francisco covered in water and bridges falling apart. Usually its really stormy aswell.

I hope I never get to experience a big tsunami. Lucklily, I heard, altough we have the San Andreas earthquake fault through California, south of Mendocino (maybe 3 hours north from here) its not likely to get a huge tsunami like this Japanese one because the tectonic plates are not set the same way as the one in Asia.

It looks so unreal. All those car floating around. Its so much water its insane!!

There has been too many big earthquakes lately. Just in a year, Haiti, chile, New Zeeland and now Japan. Its not normal! And since San Francisco is on a fault, it makes me nervous. Are we next? I thought that after the one in Haiti, and after the next one, and after that one.

Maybe time to get earthquake insurance?

Minor earthquakes happens everyday in San francisco and California
Africa seems to be a safe place to hide from them...



0 cute comments: