Recent Posts

Friday, May 8, 2009

All i wanted to do was to get a tan...

(this is a long one, but woth to read. I had an unbelievable day with towing, carproblems, cops and Will smith)

10.05, im in the line for the postoffice. Pleased about my day off wich im going to spend by the pool. Im wearing a summerdress.

After an unhumanly long wait at the postoffice im finally on my way to marin. I have to pass by the carwash first. I had directions to.... no, not the carwash. So i have to call David to guide me on google maps where im going. I'm lost. After a while i find it. I'm annoyed that i lost precious sun time.

11.10. An employee comes up to me and tells me that my car won't start. They vaccuumed it, and was about to drive it into the wash. We try and try to start it. The gas is on empty. And therefore we think thats the problem.

11.20. Towtruck arrives. Its with anger i watch my car sliding up on the towtruck.
I get in the truck where its quiet. After a while, the drivers smiles and says "Nice that the warm weather is back huh?"
I smile a fake smile back "Yeah, it sure is"
Then its quiet again. This man is about to get paid 65 bucks for towing my car for 3 minutes to our mechanic. Im not gonna even try to be nice.

11.45
At the mechanics.
The owner is a er nice man from Lebanon. He knows David and tells me he talks about me alot, and that he himself have been married for 21 yrs.

12.50
After an hour, This nice man tells me somethings wrong with the distributor and that it will cost close to 1000 bucks to fix.
ok. No, Wait wait wait.... what't that? A THOUSAND BUCKS???!?!
Great. Flippin' great. I feel myself panic a bit. "But, last yr, we fixed the car for a total of 2.500 bucks. How can it posible brake down again???" i think to myself, wishing that i had been a mechanic instead and been able to fix my own god damn problems.
This is abssurd. We are so, unbelievably, un-freakin-lucky with money.

In that same instant, Emmelie arrives. She's there to pick me up. i tell her the news.

1.05.
me and emmelie arrives at a park in San Rafael. I help her with french. I call David to tell him the news and ask if we should fix the car, or buy a new one. I just hear on Davids voice that he is tired.
We decide to fix it. It will be ready at 4.30

2.45
Emmelie has to leave and i'm calling the mechanics to see if they can pick me up when its time. Owner is at dentist and has to call me back. The man on the phone asks for my number.
"415...555...2335" the guys repeats, and then says.."uuuuhhhh...?"
I realize my fault. I gave them, their own number. I chuckle embarrased and hear myself saying "oops, it must be the heat"

2.48
i call back again to tell them something. "Are you calling to give me my own number" is the first thing the voice says.

3pm.
Emmelie left. Im lying on my picnic blanket debating wheter i should put my bikini on or not. I do. I put it on, and put some tan oil on me.

3.10
"Can we have a word with you miss" I hear a dark voice say
I open my eyes. And above me, there is 2 flippin cops!! And there i am,lying in a bikini, with my oiy body.
i didnt move. "ehhh, sure...whats the problem?" Im so scared. Cops scare me. Why are they here??? Is it illegal to be in a bikini in a public parc? Can you only be in a bikini on the beach?

"Are you from around here miss?"
"ehhh...no, im aaa....from San Francisco"
"oh, and you just came up here to get a tan?"
"yeah...kinda..."
"well, this isnt the best park to get a tan miss. We have a huge problem here with homeless and drugaddicts, and although your...attire is very nice. I think they will like it more than i do"
"ehhh...ok...?"
"Do you have a car?"
"ehh, yeah, but its at the mechanic, thats why im here really..."
"You can change in the bathrooms i the womens center over there. We just don't want you to get harrassed or approached miss"
"wow, no, definatly not. I'll put my dress on fast!"
"ok miss"

And then they left. And there i waas, still lying down. Boobs oily and all. great. I sat up, looked around. Did anyone see what just happened? But then i noticed. The only people there was, was homeless and drug addicts. They probably had their baywatch dream come true for the first and only time.
I put my dress on and hurried into the center to "clean up"
Well in there i talked to a woman who worked there, and she told me that the past 6 month its gotten really bad. But its not unsafe to be out there. But not a good idea to be in a bikini.

3.30
Out from the center, i looked at the time. Darn it, still an hour to kill. So i went back to the grass, but furthest away from the weirdos. Close to a pree school (yes, there is a preeschool there)
After a while, i hear a car behind me. I turn my head. Its the flippin cops again! The old one is just looking at me. I chuckle, nervously" I put my dress on, thats better isnt it!"
He just nods, and then theyre off. what? I can sit here right?? I think they thought i was some kinda prostitute or something. Or maybe a homeless too, cause i kinda looked homeless that day.

5pm
The car guy picked me up. i paid the money (worth another ticket to sweden) and were off to the carwash. I paid for a wash and i will have my god damn wash.

5.10
at the carwash again. The guys recognize me. They come up to me and smiles
"So what was the problem"
"Well, it wasnt the gas for sure. Something with the distributor. Cost me 1000 bucks." I smiled. I smiled like i had freakin won 1000 bucks. I dont know why i smiled though. I should be crying.
"aa..aa..thousand bucks....?"
"yea i know"
I left my car, took my keys. Went in the store. Bought some water. Then i sat down.
After a while a little mexi comes up "ehum....do you...have your keys mam?"
ah, of course. My head is not with me today.

5.30
Car is wached and fixed. time to pick up david. After getting lost again (and cussing like mad) i finally drive by marinwood pool and gave a sad smile. Thats the place i was supposed to spend my day. How ironic to finally pass by there now.

6pm
I drive into skywalker ranch. Im listening the "muffinslaten" with the swedish trubatour Bjorn Rosenstrom.
Volume is high and im singing. Windows open. I drive above the speed limit into the roundabout where i park. But as i turn, i see that George Lucas and 2 others are standing there. "Fuckkk" At the same time im turning, im slowing down and turning the volume down. They are looking at me like I'm some kind of white trash. I hide behind my glasses and give them a little embarrased smile. And feel myself sinking down in the seat.

Who are they waiting for?

All of a sudden. 2 big black cars with black windows pull up right next to me. The door opens. And this is in slowmotion ok.
WILL SMITH
steppes out of the car. Smiling his famous smile, laughing. The ears are there.
His son jumps out of the car into his arms and Smith smiles even more. This is happening no more thatn 3 meters from me. Im in the middle. I cant breathe. The second car which i can touch from my window opens.
A man i htought was Bruce Willis for steps out. But its not him. Another black dude get out, looks at me and smiles. "Hi there" he says. "H...hhh hiii" i smile back. But my eyes not leaving Will smith. The all walk up to Mr Lucas and greet eachother. Im staring in awe.
Just then David comes out from his office. And sees Will too. He starts to make faces like "loook, its will smith" Ehh, i know!!!!!!!

David comes in the car. He whispers again "Its Will smith!!" "I know he stepped out of his car right in fornt of me!!!"
And we are both like little kids on christmas eve. Mr Lucas is the tree and the others the xmas gifts. Surreal.

Perfect ending on a sucky day.

Kissie:: oily Boo



2 cute comments:

Karin said...

hahahaha...what a day...haha...what a story.
Du är bara bäst:-)
Så jäkla roligt...!
Och vilken underbar avslutning på en helvetisk dag...underbart! Tänk att vara så nära...3 m från will smith....fatta att det är sant. Och du vill hem...ibland?! Du är tokig/ puss

Bella Blue said...

Ja jäklar, vilken dag! Man kan inget annat än le åt det hela, men det var synd om dig fram till halv 6.

Saknar dig så!!!