Recent Posts

Monday, June 8, 2009

The name is green

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On June 5, 2009, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service.

This, my friends, means they are actually makin' and bakin' my green card at the moment.
I got it. I got my green card god damn it!!!!!!
AWOHOOOOOOO
I can stay here forever!!!! I really can! And next time i leave the country, and go back in again, I'm no longer "a visitor" I will stand in the shorter line for "citizens and green card holders". Ha!

This....is awesome.

One year ago, on April 13th, i received a letter home, stating that i was one of 100.000 people who was chosen to apply further for a greencard. More than 6 Millions around the world add their name to the lottery each year. What are the odds of that?
Luckily, i had a low VISA number, around number 8000 (out of the 100,000) So i could apply in October already. Which gave me better chance, then, lets say the person who was the 999,999 name.

It has been a long process, many tears. Much much money. But now i have it. Not in my hands yet. But i have it.

Did i just become an american?
No. Don't worry. Im a proud Swede. A true viking! And i will always be.
I haven't changed yet have I?

(u could call me half californian though tsssss)

3 cute comments:

Bella said...

Oooooooooooooooooo Myyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

GRATTIS, GRATTIS, HURRA, HURRA!

Jäklar vilket flyt ändå, minns allt för ett år sedan.

Du är one of a kind att få green card, så sjukt svårt och nästan omöjligt, men bara nästan..

DU HAR FÅTT GREEN CARD!

Jag är så glad för din skull yoyo. GRATTIS, GRATTIS, GRATTIS!!

Och du har kämpat för att få det. Vilken belöning. Gah.

Och imorgon kommer jag :)!

Ska här firas eller ska här firas??

PUSSSSSSSSSSS!

Karin said...

GRAAAAAAAAAATTIS, HUUUUUUUUUUUUURRAAAA.......FIRA NU ORDENTLIGT, MY AMERICAN DAUGHTER.......SÅ JÄKLA KUL, VAD GLAAAAAAAAAD JAG BLIR.
RINGER DIG IKVÄÄÄÄÄLLL.
PUUUUSSSS

Ljung said...

GRATTIS PANNIS!!!!

Tänk att du lyckades, när det nu är sååå himla svårt!!
Du kanske borde köpt en Lotto-rad samma dag så kanske du hade vunnit där också, vem vet!!!
Flyt har du iaf!!

Kram på dig o David
Lena