Recent Posts

Monday, June 15, 2009

Ditzy day

My Swedish gets worse all the time here. And it makes me annoyed when i hear people say "One can never forget ones mothertounge" Yes you can! I'm the living proof. And if you haven't lived abroad for more than a year, let me tell ya something- you aint got nothing to say about it!! You can just zap it.

Look, i dont speak very much Swedish over here. My hubby is French, usually when im with my homies, Davids there, wich means that we speak english. My job is english, Tvs on english. Its all in English man. So hell yeah that i forget complicated swedish academic words that i dont use when i talk to my mama or friends once a week. (And i really want to articualte that "Hell")

Today, I've been so ditzy. Yes. Today, i've been a complete airhead.
Bella was with me and Sofia on our playdate with the twins today, and i just couldnt speak Swedish.
I stuttered, and sounded like a foreigner trying to make sense in swedish. The grammar is aaaall wrong. All messed up.
I felt very foolish, and hope Gabi didnt notice it so much, but i felt it. And its kinda scary.

The worst thing was (That made me laugh out loud by my self thinking about it in the street afterwards) When i backed my car out of my boss's garage, Gaby next to me. And i say "I början hatade jag att drajva ut från garaget" Or it sounded more like this "ööh, jag hatade i öööhhh början att ööhh drajva ut från ööööö garaget"
Well, i overreacted a bit. Its not like i say "
öööhhh" all the time, but almost. And you get that drajva comes from drive right. Hilarious.

Kissies:::Sweedie


3 cute comments:

sarah said...

...och det är därför du passar som Dolph Lundgren...hehehe...Dolph

sarah said...

Hörrö Dolphan!Hur mår du Dolph?

Bella bluuuue said...

Du var bara fööööör söt! ;)